There are many New Jerseyans calling or contributing to John Ossoff’s campaign in Georgia’s 11th congressional district, which has its special election tomorrow. This ad came out a few hours ago, linking the “unhinged left,” and the Republican baseball practice shooting to Ossoff himself. You need to see this.
- The ad was paid for by “Principled Leadership PAC.” Reminder: This is supposed to be the party of “family values.”
- No doubt they know exactly what they’re doing. Georgia’s CD11 GOP chair says the shooting will be the reason the Republicans win Tuesday’s election.
- Both Ossoff (of course) and Republican Karen Handel quickly condemned the ad …
- … But Handel has been asked to demand this ad be taken down. She has not done so.
- Trump likes to tweet about this race, supporting Republican Karen Handel. Tweeted this less than an hour ago.
- Scalise was shot through the pelvic region, he lost a great deal of blood, his injuries more serious than first thought. Now upgraded to serious condition.
- Scalise’s recovery will be long, and immediately after the shooting Republicans and Democrats stood together and talked about how much they respect one another, and how working together is possible and important. Even Bramnick and Prieto are talking like that. But I guess for the national Republicans, at least the ones behind Karen Handel, that’s a lot of bullshit.