David Bailey and Krystal Griner, Capitol Police Heroes
MUELLER’S WIDENING PROBE NOW INCLUDES EXAMINATION OF WHETHER TRUMP ATTEMPTED TO OBSTRUCT JUSTICE
It’s official: Trump is under investigation for obstruction of justice
The special counsel overseeing the investigation into Russia’s role in the 2016 election is interviewing senior intelligence officials as part of a widening probe that now includes an examination of whether President Trump attempted to obstruct justice, officials said.
Bob Inglis at Washington Post: I helped draft Clinton’s impeachment articles. Charges against Trump are more serious.
SHOOTING AT REPUBLICAN BASEBALL PRACTICE
- Steve Scalise is still in critical condition, with more surgeries expected
- President Trump calls for unity, after “this very, very brutal attack.” Was he even listening to what he was saying?
- Thank you Krystal Griner & David Bailey of the Capitol Police, for being good at your jobs. Here’s more about both of them
- Pascrell: The Democrats’ team immediately took cover
- Congressional Baseball Game is ON for tonight as scheduled.
- ISO 10-foot pole: Don’t expect Murphy to jump into Assembly Speaker fight (The Auditor)
- Moran: Guadagno’s challenge is to find a workable tax plan
- Murphy has commanding lead over Guadagno
- Awkward. At last minute, Guadagno picks Gilmore’s nephew for GOP chair, then has trouble with reporters’ questions about it.
- This is progress, even before November’s election: Murphy calls for permanent ban on fracking in Delaware River Basin. If he wins the election, it could help swing the Delaware River Basin Commission to follow his call on fracking
MORE ON TRUMP
- Trump just called the House AHCA “mean,” but two NJ members voted for it. Let’s shame them
- Keeping watch on Trump’s son-in-law and his family company: Kushner firm drops bid for tax break for Jersey City project
- How LOWWW can you go? Christie’s at 15% approval rating (per Q-poll). That makes him the most unpopular governor in 20 years. In any state.
- Christie says $18M bridge to river will restore Trenton ‘to its former glory’
- I pledge allegiance to this microbe. New Jersey doesn’t have a state germ. But it might have one soon. It’s a very Jersey germ.
- Ray Lesniak and John Wisniewski argued the case in court together. But a judge dismissed the suit to block Christie’s statehouse renovation. Republican senators Kip Bateman and Mike Doherty were also part of the suit, but they weren’t in court yesterday.
- Sweeney and Prieto agree on something, coming to compromise on a school funding formula paling for a calls for a net increase of $125 million in aid, divided up in ways that appear to appease both sides — at least for now.
- Just one reason why NJ Spotlight is a great resource: They want to know what questions you have on how NJ funds its schools. No – they really do.
- Bob Braun: I want to report a case of child abuse. No, thousands of cases.