This year’s budget blunder: The head of Christie’s Treasury Department says the state has a $527 million budget hole in the current fiscal year that ends June 30 and plans to delay payments on a property tax relief program and to chase down those who haven’t paid their tax bill.
- Matt Friedman’s take on Rep. Frelinghuysen: “He poked the hornet’s nest. Then he stepped on it. Then he took his clothes off and rolled around in it.”
- Political activist says that Frelinghuysen’s note to member of bank board imperiled her job.
- Frelinghuysen hit with ethics complaint after he outed activist to her employer.
- DCCC launches ads against Frelinghuysen after the outing.
- Rep. Pallone asks Trump administration to support N.J. sports betting appeal.
- Rep. Pascrell renews quest for Trump tax returns following Russian revelations.
REASONS WHY WE NEED MORE INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDING
The New York-New Jersey metropolitan area, including Newark and Jersey City, has the worst congestion of any region costing truck industry $4.6 billion.
NJ Alliance for Action‘s annual transportation conference. Top of the list? The estimated $24 billion Gateway Tunnel.
- Today: Gov. Christie will be in Newark for a Transportation Trust Fund announcement at 11:00.
On May 1 Trump said a “new infrastructure plan is “largely completed” and could be filed in the next two to three weeks.” You can listen to a 20-second grandiloquent clip.
- Democratic gubernatorial hopefuls support single-payer, women’s healthcare and oppose efforts to repeal ACA.
- Democrat Jim Johnson unveiled his plan in Bedminster for how New Jersey can fight back against Trump’s “hate-filled” agenda.
- Phil Murphy talks public pensions, charter schools, foreclosures with Tom Moran.
- Sen. Lesniak lays out his policies, proposals on WNYC’s Brian Lehrer Show.
- Assemblyman Ciattarelli views Guadagno’s latest ad as evidence of his success.
- Gubernatorial Republican Primary Debate: tomorrow at 8:00pm. Live streaming here.
- What the Democratic candidates say about school funding and Pre-K.
Chris Christie says he accepts he’ll be blamed for the state’s 11 credit downgrades, but stresses that his new plan to use lottery dollars to pump up the state pension system will soothe Wall Street and be ‘a gift’ to the next governor.
A bipartisan trio of state senators filed a lawsuit seeking to stop Gov. Chris Christie’s plan to renovate the state house.
The accident waiting to happen at Teterboro Airport has happened… Again. (Mike Kelly)
About 85 Paterson teachers get layoff notices.
Although not getting a lot of attention, Senate and Assembly contests are on a pace to becoming the most expensive in state history.
“It’s not the federal government that’s the first responder — it’s local police departments, county sheriff’s offices.” Anti-terror officials discuss how N.J. can fight against future attacks.