A straight-up fascist appears headed to a top job at Homeland Security. David Clarke, the Sheriff of Milwaukee County, WI, where several inmates in county jail have died on his watch. Clarke is a rabid conservative opponent of Black Lives Matter, which he calls “Black Lies Matter,” or “black slime.” Clarke has proposed the Dept. of Homeland Security should assume police-state powers to round up internal enemies.
- Immigration crisis for local man: Trump government deports Indonesian Christian facing persecution at home
- Fewer refugees are entering NJ and U.S. since Trump
- Continuing his stupendously bad judgement, Trump reportedly has Joe Lieberman in mind to run F.B.I.
- Yesterday’s Monmouth Poll has boucoup bad news for President Trump
- Ew. Will Jared and Ivanka be summering here in Long Branch?
- Today, Trump’s off to his first overseas trip – to the Middle East. What could possibly go wrong?
- Want in? Jon Corzine starts a hedge fund designed to take advantage of the turmoil of the Trump era
TUESDAY, JUNE 6
- In 2d GOP debate, Guadagno and Ciattarelli trade shots about taxes.
- Miss it? Videos: Watch here Or watch Charlie Stile & Dustin Racioppi’s post-game analysis
- Pile in: 10 NJ locals of mass-transit union deliver endorsement to Murphy
NJ woman says Turkey president’s bodyguards beat her during D.C. protest (VIDEO)
- Lawmakers to seek restraining order to halt Christie’s $300M Statehouse renovation
- LD-16’s physicist Andrew Zwicker writes a letter to the Courier News: Science a key to revitalizing Jersey jobs
- Eustace, Zwicker & Vainieri Huttle bill to bring back RGGI clears Assembly panel
- Good picking there, Guv. Christie’s ex-bank board pick scammed bank during nomination, documents show
- Horizon CEO Marino on attacks from Christie: It keeps me up at night but I honestly believe my reputation speaks for itself
2018 MIDTERMS ARE COMING
- CD3 – A tale of two counties: Deciminyan has some advice for DCCC about CD3, where he lives
- CD7 – Rep. Lance is calling on Comey to testify
- Michael Moore is going after Trump with a movie shooting now: Fahrenheit 11/9
- Heartbreak at the beach: What to do if you find stranded or injured marine life washed onto shore
- FCC votes to begin trashing net neutrality amid allegations of fraud
- Julian Assange rape investigation from Sweden is dropped, ending 7 year standoff. Can he leave the Ecuadorian embassy now? Depends on the U.S. and maybe the UK
- Aetna wants out of NJ’s individual, small-group health insurance market
- Interactive map: Mapping the highest concentrations of ACA coverage across NJ
- NJ unemployment rate drops to 4.1% in April – lowest since 2001
- “We are not in Mar-a-Lago anymore.” The run-down NJ trailer park owned by Jared Kushner