2018 NJ RACES
- All but two members of our congressional delegation urged President Trump Tuesday in a letter to support the Gateway Tunnel project despite his budget proposal. The two exceptions were Reps. Tom MacArthur and Rodney Frelinghuysen.
- Rep. Leonard Lance tacks port side, and is applauded at town hall for differences with Trump.
- Rep. Bill Pascrell blasts the massive cuts to social service programs in Trump’s proposed budget saying, it would amount to a “death sentence” for many people who are poor, elderly or disabled.
- Gov. Christie announced a nearly $13 million initiative (nice but not a lot) to tear down as many as 500 abandoned buildings in Trenton while adding 150 surveillance cameras and inspecting thousands of city street lights.
- With $300 million or much more for Christie’s renovation of the Statehouse, Sen. Michael Doherty, (R-Warren) says, “Does anybody have any idea where this $300 million is going? No. There’s been no transparency for the people of New Jersey.”
Bernards Township finally agrees to allow a long-delayed Mosque to be built and will pay $3.25M to settle the lawsuit.
GOP State Senator offers new gender-pay law, but Sen. Weinberg is not satisfied.
Amtrak details summertime service changes and cutbacks to allow it to perform extensive repairs at Penn Station.
Atlantic County Freeholders agree to sue state over PILOT legislation on casino payments in lieu of taxes.
NJ Against US War on Syria and in the Middle East, a coalition of organizations that value peace, will hold an anti-war protest on Friday, June 2nd, 4:30pm – 6:00pm, at the MLK Statue, MLK Blvd and 13th Ave (Near Old Records Hall) in Newark. For more info contact Theresa Markila at GPofMSW@gmail.com
The head of NJ’s Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness, Chris Rodriguez, is stepping down, to be replaced in this counterterrorism post by CIA veteran Jared Maples.
2017 NJ RACES
- Gubernatorial hopefuls sound off on TTF: Should the money be spent boosting NJT’s capital budget and enhancing safety, rebuilding roads and bridges, or on all of the above?
- Meet the Democratic candidates in the 31st District Assembly race.
- Gubernatorial candidates talk undocumented immigrants and legalized pot.
- Three women make long shot bid to flip NJ39 from red to blue.
- Bergen-Passaic divide between Passaic County Clerk Kristin Corrado and Bergen County GOP Chairman Paul DiGaetano. in 40th District Republican Senate fight.
- The Frank Sinatra of the Phil Murphy for Governor Campaign.