Thanks to Rachel Maddow for using Blue Jersey video for Friday night’s lede on MacArthur!
- Waiting on line at a rest stop for a Cinnabon.
- Christie not follow law he signed, says disabled woman’s mom.
HEAT TURNS UP ON SEN. MENENDEZ
- Menendez: A tawdry and all too familiar tale of NJ policians breaking badly.
- A Florida jury convicts eye doctor Salomon Melgen of Medicare fraud, increasing the pressure he may face to testify against Sen. Bob Menendez when the two go on trial in NJ for corruption.
- Who is Jim Johnson and why is he running to replace Christie as NJ governor?
- 2 Dem candidates for NJ Guv just got more public financing.
- Deciminyan goes to a Phil Murphy town hall but he picks John Wisniewski to vote for instead.
DO THE RIGHT THING
- Princeton University students rally for campus workers’ rights.
- A simple theory why the House is struggling to repeal the ACA. Read Frelinghuysen’s quote.
- Thousands expected to rally May 1 for immigrant rights.
- Taking the Resistance to legislative level: Press conference video of the creation of a coalition now including legislators preparing to counter the impact of Trump’s policies in Trenton.
- Lobbying for social justice. Rev. Rob Gregson reasons with the NJ powers that be to do the moral thing in guiding NJ policy.
- Tickets sold out in less than 5 minutes. Bernie’s speaking at a book festival in Ireland in June.
- Bernie Sanders and Jimmy Carter talking human rights – at the Carter Center.
- “I did not want to be part of a road-show for the White House.” Entire U.S. Senate was loaded up into buses for an unnecessary meeting on North Korea with POTUS at the White House. Except one.
- By a conservative columnist at WaPo: ’We set a low bar for Trump. He still failed to meet it.’
- Trump has a red button on his desk that orders Coke.
- Jersey Shore to Trump: Don’t mess with our clean water.
- Moran: For Trump, a tax cut. For Pascrell, a mission.
- A day in the life. Ever wonder what happens with your lawmakers on a crazy, Trump-fueled day?
- Why won’t DCCC release its 2016 autopsy report?They don’t want to talk about it.
- Dems exploring lawsuit against Trump.
- Federal break for NJ’s high taxes is on the chopping block.
- Who’s making half those calls flooding Congress? One demographic. A pissed off demographic.
- EPA website removes climate science site from public view after two decades.
- Global warming real or not? A Trump supporter weighs in.
- Earth Day Q & A with Rush Holt, NJ’s scientist-congressman, now advocating science full-time.
- 180 climate deniers in Congress, 1 in the White House. How Leonard Lance got off the list (Hint: You made him fear he won’t be re-elected denying climate change).
The People’s Climate March in D.C. CNN’s time-lapse, birds-eye view: