- It’s a bad year to be Rodney Frelinghuysen. As the congressman ducks requests to hold a town hall and hear from his constituents, NJ11th for Change rises and picks up more active members. Yesterday, 3 buses of activists went down to D.C. to urge him to reject Trump’s agenda. A couple dozen got face time with him, but it’s still a town hall they’re after.
- Jennifer Chuang: Deciminyan chronicles a pediatrician spurred to run for Assembly by the Trump election.
- Many of the people fueling the Resistance were drawn in because of a threat to healthcare, a homefront concern. But Pres. Trump is conducting foreign policy by empowering incompetent people and those who may have their own agenda for conflict. How quickly can the Resistance shift course if Trump leads us into bad foreign policy?
- ’Hate Has No Home Here’ – In Haddon Heights, apparently little objection to the blue line in the street, or the ‘God Bless America’ signs in shop windows. But Danielle Linaris’ lawn sign is a problem for some people.
UNDER THE DOME
- Guns: The state’s Democratic-controlled Legislature has filed a lawsuit claiming that the Christie administration overstepped its authority when it eased a state regulation last month to allow more people to carry handguns.
- Days after Christie’s 11th credit-rating downgrade, New Jersey’s revenues are expected to fall $436 million short of Gov. Christie’s projections over the next two years, budget analysts said Wednesday.
ON THE HILL
- Gateway tunnel: Why Booker oppose Trump’s transportation nominee.
- Gorsuch: NJ senators oppose Gorsuch – Cory Booker one of the first to make his opposition clear, Menendez the very last – and want to keep filibuster rule.
Ledger editorial: Newark’s mayor schools Jeff Sessions on police reform.
EMERGENCY WINE & CHOCOLATE FOR NJ TRANSIT COMMUTERS
- Commuter hell: Concerns about funding of NJ Transit were aired in both Trenton & D.C. yesterday as commuters dealt with the latest misery at NY Penn Station.
- NJ Transit demands Amtrak take ‘corrective actions now’ in wake of derailment.
- Christie directs NJ Transit late Wednesday to halt all payments to Amtrak.
The most un-Gardeny areas of the Garden State: The most toxic sites in each NJ county.
- Lesniak says NJ governor’s race still winnable.
- Gottheimer breaks (another) record, raising more than $750k in Q1 fundraising for his first re-election.
- Are they worried one of them will say something stupid? All 5 GOP Guv candidates at brunch, but press barred.
- An op-ed at NJ Spotlight from NJPP’s Jon Whiten: 4 practical ways for New Jersey to raise new revenue.