BRIDGEGATE STILL ON OUR MINDS
- Sentencing for Bill Baroni and Bridget Anne Kelly is expected today: Prison or probation for ex-Christie aides in Bridgegate?
- Questions linger as New Jersey bridge case sentencings near,
- A look back at the Bridgegate scandal, as sentencing approaches.
- Assemblyman John Wisniewski accuses Assembly Speaker Vince Prieto of stonewalling any further Bridgegate investigations.
The Christie administration spent millions of dollars and kept key documents confidential in the Barlyn whistleblower case. Lawmakers want to end such deals.
Christie on Sanctuary Cities: “Absolutely no chance I’ll support them.”
TRUMP DECLARES “END OF WAR ON COAL”
- U.S. Senator Cory Booker condemns Trump’s Executive Order to roll back former President Obama’s climate change initiatives.
- Doug O’Malley, director of Environment New Jersey: “We can tackle the climate crisis by investing in science and clean, renewable energy, but only if we move boldly and quickly.’’
Fulop critic in talks to join mayor’s ticket in November: An odd couple.
A class action lawsuit accuses NY/NJ Port Authority of discrimination by targeting and falsely arresting men perceived as gay.
Inside the municipal court cash machine: Many cash-strapped municipalities have turned to the law for new revenue,
- Democratic gubernatorial hopeful John Wisniewski says NJ voters get little say in who they elect because of a “rigged system” that gives a party leaders the majority of the power.
- Republican front-runner Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno and Democratic front-runner Phil Murphy, both have a sizable lead over their party’s hopefuls, but in the Fairleigh Dickinson University poll 53 percent of Democratic-leaning voters still say they “don’t know” who they’ll back in the primary.
- Jack Ciattarelli (R-Somerset) beat Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno for the endorsement of the local party in Middlesex County, (his sixth win) and L.G. Kim Guadagno easily won Atlantic County.
- How N.J. Democratic governor candidate Jim Johnson plans to lower property taxes.
- ELEC, back in business, approves debate hosts: both NJTV/NJ Spotlight and Stockton College to each host one Democratic and one Republican primary debate.
The House Democrats’ political arm has begun running digital ads against Rep. Leonard Lance, over a committee vote on the GOP’s unsuccessful healthcare bill.
- Monmouth Democrats Announce Primary Endorsements: Murphy for Governor and former county chair Vin Gopal for the Senate seat in LD 11.
- Moorestown Physician To Announce Assembly Candidacy Next Week: Dr. Jennifer Hinlu Chuang will run as a Democrat in LD 7 against Herb Conaway and newcomer Carol Murphy in the primary.
- The 17 Most Interesting Legislators in Trenton (Right Now!) (InsiderNJ)
- Sen. Diane Allen, calling it quits, looks back at her time in the Senate. “I feel a lot of anger from various people, from time to time. It’s unnecessary.”
The nomination petition filing deadline is April 3, so we will have a complete, final list of primary candidates shortly thereafter.