Jimmy Margulies, cats ’n kittens. Nailed it.
Why was press barred at Ocean County’s Dem convention? Going to get ugly if the GOPs appear more transparent than the Dems. h/t ken bank.
SOUTH JERSEY POLITICAL PRODUCTS – SOMETIMES THEY REALLY SUCK
One hand washes the other: George Norcross gets massive tax breaks from a program his Democratic soldiers are associated with. Here’s a whole other way state-aided job shifts to Camden might cost you.
TRUMP & HIS REPUBLICANS
- Wouldn’t be the first time a Republican blowhard with his own motorcade screwed Jersey commuters. Remember when Trump promised to be the infrastructure president? The first element of Gateway, a mission-critical bridge, may not get the needed — and expected — federal funding, possibly derailing entire initiative.
- Why the GOP takedown of NEA & NEH might not be a done deal. How Leonard Lance is playing a part.
- Eat cake and die. From Dean Obeidallah from Paramus: Donald Trump: America’s Marie Antoinette.
- Trump’s budget means big trouble for NJ environment.
- Required reading. The New Yorker: The Reclusive Hedge Fund-Tycoon Behind the Trump Presidency. He’d rather you know nothing about him.
- My friend Tim Koechlin in Montclair wrote this and it’s perfect : Making Sense of Trump in Verse.
- Today: Neil Gorsuch confirmation hearing: A student says Gorsuch told a law school class last year that women ‘manipulate’ maternity leave.
Why do you think legit educators fight to rein in charters? District alleges fraud in charter school applications.
UNDER the DOME & IN THE GOVERNOR’S OFFICE
- Still no Special Prosecutor in Bridgegate case.
- The state auctioned off a public treasure – several of its public TV stations – for possibly hundreds of millions of dollars with little public debate or any idea what the governor plans to do with the money.
- Ledger editorial: The last thing the Soprano state needs: an elected Attorney General.
Jimmy Breslin died yesterday. Lots of our friends in journalism & politics are posting their favorite columns. Here are two of the best: Digging JFK grave was his honor and also The Day John Lennon Died.
REFERENCES TO THE PAST
- Whoop-dee-doo. Hillary Clinton says she’s ‘ready to come out of the woods.’
- Ziegler references come early! For the title of most abused press secretary, Sean Spicer must dethrone former Nixon spokesman Ron Ziegler.
Maybe back up off the street and look up at traffic. Talking to you, South Jersey weatherman Steve Keeley