There was “zero” talk about Gov. Christie being considered for a job in Trump’s administration when the two had lunch on Tuesday, according to a CNN report.
Christie says his last budget proposal will include a pension payment that meets his promised contribution schedule. It will be a $650 million increase over last year, but less than what actuaries recommend.
“SCHMOOZE CRUISE AND DINNER IN D.C.”
- Christie won’t ride the train to D.C, but he is scheduled to be the keynote speaker at the annual Chamber of Commerce Congressional Dinner on Thursday.
- One outraged individual upon receiving an email from the NJ Democratic State Committee yesterday requesting a donation for this event responded, “Right now, activists in NJ 4 & NJ 11 are pounding Republican congressmen on social media and outside their district offices to pressure them to come out before the public in town halls. And in NJ 7, thousands of people are going to show up at Leonard Lance’s town hall February 22. Have we heard from the NJDSC on any of this?”
Pay-to-Play wins again? Plainfield Council members are poised to repeal the city’s pay-to-play regulations that cap municipal political donations by contractors at $300.
Dear President Trump: Rep. Josh Gottheimer and others write a letter to Trump asking to sit down and discuss tax cuts and infrastructure.
Legislators seem ready to stall vote on $32B Port Authority capital plan unless it includes $70M for bus terminal planning effort.
After almost a year without meeting, Sweeney says he expects election watchdog seats to be filled by mid-March,
“GIVE ME YOUR TIRED, YOUR POOR, YOUR HUDDLED MASSES YEARNING TO BREATHE FREE”
- The tragedy and travesty of undocumented children. (opinion)
- At Freehold’s Mexican mobile consulate office immigrant families on edge after nationwide ICE roundup.
- N.J. Muslims, feeling persecuted, tell lawmakers: ‘Enough is enough.’
- NJ refugees rattled by FBI calls meant to ‘build trust.’
- Stay up-to-date: See New Jersey Alliance for Immigration Justice on Facebook.
Feds urge Supreme Court to turn down the appeal of Robert Menendez in his bribery case.
Once a solar industry leader, NJ now lags in job creation.
New Jersey’s trying to tame its billionaires. It’s not working out so well.
NJ’s Dr. David Shulkin, a holdover from Obama’s administration, unanimously confirmed as Secretary of Veterans Affairs.
NJ increases its rank in U.S. for feeding students breakfast: from 46th in 2011 to 19th during 2015-2016 school year.
Building a giant bird-killer in the Meadowlands?
A TRIBE CALLED TRUMP PROTESTERS
- At the Grammys A Tribe called Quest sang We the People:
“We don’t believe you ’cause we the people
Are still here in the rear, ayo, we don’t need you.”
The song’s angry refrain mentions a few of those who are under siege:
“All you Black folks, you must go
All you Mexicans, you must go
And all you poor folks, you must go
Muslims and gays, boy, we hate your ways.”.
- The power of protest: Rep. Tom MacArthur says his town hall schedule is on hold. Instead, he held a one-hour telephone conference call on Monday.
- Elsewhere: Angry town hall meetings on health care law, and few answers.