Democrats to DNC meeting, Republicans to CPAC
State Democratic Chair John Currie’s in Atlanta before the DNC Chair vote, stumping for Tom Perez. the Clinton Democrats’ top pick, who recently admitted the DNC rigged the primary for Clinton, then backpedaled off that admission. In case you need it, here’s a cheat sheet to the candidates. Vote is Saturday.
At CPAC, the usual level of sulphur spiked yesterday with Steve Bannon that the “deconstruction of the administrative state” has begun, whatever that means. Kellyanne Conway batted away the many accounts of her own incompetence and message problems. VP Pence said Trump’s victory has given conservatives “the most important time in the history of our movement.” Pres. Trump speaks at CPAC this morning.
This will make your morning, I promise: 10-second video of Reince Priebus freaking a little after Steve Bannon grabs his thigh at CPAC.
White House Apprentice
- Nicholas Kristof speaks the TRUTH: Trump voters are not the enemy.
- Good gravy, this is alarming: The degree to which staffers have to manage Trump by praising him.
- If you’re Donald Trump and you just rescinded protections for transgender kids in schools, you will get shamed by 9-year-old NJ Cub Scout Joe Maldonado.
- Girl from Hammonton makes bad: The Downfall of Kellyanne Conway.
- ”Trump Slump” is a thing: A ‘devastating’ drop of tourism to the United States.
- So Trump thinks he’s said what he needs to on anti-Semitism? Well, the representative in life for the most famous victim of the Holocaust, would disagree.
- Amazing. This is how New York Times is advertising in the era of Trump.
- Pussy-grabber and pussies: Melania and Ivanka’s plastic feminism cover up Trump’s misogyny.
- Seems to be disagreement whether he threw the white power sign. But if I were Stephen Miller, with his reputation, I would hold my hands differently from this.
- These last moments of the Standing Rock protest will break your heart.
- His face on your milk carton – soon. Rep. Chris Smith hasn’t held a town hall meeting in 25 years.
- Memo to Republican congressmen: The Resistance is ON. You can’t escape it by hiding from your constituents, because they’ll go right on and meet without you. Telly town halls don’t count, Rodney. Suckas.
- 7 ways Lance said he was different from Trump.
- On the night Leonard Lance faced down a town hall, Roger Stone was in NJ. The GOP operative and 30-year advisor to Trump, kept his audience waiting for 30 minutes while he had dinner, and has a tattoo of Richard Nixon across his back. These and other revelations, in this very readable account by Charles Stile.
Chris Christie, still technically a thing
- Here’s why Christie’s much-ballyhooed sports radio gig might be a bad deal for the radio station.
- The nuclear option: Will Christie budget blow up school funding?
- Improving Christie’s image the old fashioned way, with money: Addiction ad campaign budgeted at $2.6 million.
- And more money: State taxpayers paid more than $2 million to cover the cost of a security detail that traveled with Christie his first 7 years in office, including taxpayer costs for his failed White House bid.
Because you made it all the way to Friday
- If things get weird, just remember Bruce Springsteen is still in the world.
- But sadly, Millie Dresselhaus, the Queen of Carbon, is not. First woman to secure a full professorship at M.I.T. (1968), and tireless advocate for the women who followed her. And the star of a TV commercial, asking, What if we treated great female scientists like they were stars? Just watch and wish: