TODAY 11:30am: Save Our Healthcare Rally
Where: Best Western Robert Treat Hotel – 50 Park Pl, Newark
Expected to speak: Senators Cory Booker & Bob Menendez, Congressmen Bill Pascrell Jr., Albio Sires and Bonnie Watson Coleman, Newark Mayor Ras Baraka, Assemblyman Tim Eustace and New Jerseyans insured under ACA Courtney Duva and David Moyer.
More info on Facebook.
Highland Park’s Save Affordable Healthcare Rally 3-5pm – info here.
March from New Hope to Lambertville for Obamacare 1pm – info here.
Our First Stand: Save Healthcare Town Hall with John Wisniewski 12pm in Jersey City – info here.
RESISTING REPUBLICAN ASSAULT on HEALTHCARE
- CD3 Republican congressman Tom MacArthur votes No to repeal Obamacare – why he said he did it.
- Healthcare for 700,000 is at stake in New Jersey.
- Christie drug-care expansion may hinge on Obamacare – Experts say the governor’s ambitious plans for treatment would be impossible if Medicaid expansion is killed.
Foreclosures continue to plague housing market in Atlantic County.
- Stile: Christie leans left in NJ, but keeps door open on right – the case of two Chris Christies.
- LOL. Why Christie says he turned down (multiple) job offers from Trump.
- Hiding behind one policy? Here’s what Christie should have said in his speech. Brigid Callahan Harrison rewrites & annotates the State of the State.
- Is NJ’s ‘weakling’ D.C. delegation bulking up in the Trump era?
- The ‘Dreamers’ Trump wants to deport.
- Will the Trump era make Cory Booker a Democratic star?
- Introducing the Trump Tracker – The Record begins a 4-year tracking of the incoming president’s impact on NJ.
- The Obamas leave an image that will never fade. Donny, nobody’s going to write anything like this when you go. Nobody.
- Trump goes after Rep. John Lewis.
Jim McGreevey: 3 proven alternatives to mass incarceration
Our friend Jimmy Margulies did this lovely cartoon honoring Cory Booker’s testimony against Jeff Sessions