Today is the end of one of the strangest weeks in American political history. And all that means is we’ll have to be vigilant for whatever misdirection and outrage the White House has planned for the weekend.
- Annual March for Life is today. The anti-choice people, who finally have an anti-choice president, want a turnout as big as the half-million pussy-hatted pro-choice folks that showed up for the Women’s March. Think they’ll get it?
- Donald Trump gets his first ride on Air Force One, but runs into 5,000 people protesting him in Philly, 5 days after 50,000 showed up Saturday and ruined his good mood.
- The Doomsday Clock just advanced, ‘thanks to Trump’: It’s now just 2½ minutes to ‘midnight.’ The closest to ‘Doomsday’ since 1953.
- Zephyr Teachout in Washington Post: “Trump is getting payments from foreign governments. We have no idea what they are.”
- Trump’s executive orders were brought to you by Breitbart.
- White House abruptly cancels ads for ACA end-of-month deadline for coverage.
- Scientific American: The National Park Service won’t be silenced. And the Badlands are badass.
- Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto is not playing with Trump. We’re not paying for your wall. And cancels his meeting with Trump. No probs. Trump and the Republicans have another idea, one that just might kick off a trade war that could impact consumers around the globe.
- ‘Nobody Wanted to Take Us In: The story of Jared Kushner’s Family, and Mine’. At The Nation, Lizzy Ratner reminds us as Trump prepares to ban refugees, that the last time we closed our borders it was the Jews who were shut out from our country – like Jared Kushner’s grandmother.
- Speaking of Kushner, Son-in-Law, Trump’s Right Hand, Owner of
PolitickerObserver, it turns out that Tiffany Trump and Steve Bannon aren’t the only Trump insiders who appear to be examples of the rampant ‘voter fraud’ Trump keeps going on about. Turns out Jared Kushner and Sean Spicer are also both registered to vote in two states.
CHRIS CHRISTIE – Still technically a thing
- You didn’t actually think the Guv’s whole anti-addiction thing would include poor people, right? Just checking.
- Bergen Dems back Phil Murphy with 87% of the vote.
- Wisniewski running as an outsider on the inside.
- On Twitter, Wisniewski outpaces his fellow NJ gubernatorial contenders.
- Surprised? Guadagno comes out strong for charters and ‘school choice.’
New Jersey – worst in the nation for foreclosures.
Amending the federal constitution from the Trenton State House: Grassroots movement hopes to use Article 5 to convene a Constitutional convention called by state legislatures across the country.
ENVIRONMENT – Outside & Inside
- Delaware Estuary scientists worried about possible Trump effect .
- Why it’s not over for climate action in NJ.
- Does the state’s solution to lead-contaminated schools end with bottled water?
BUT NEW JERSEY’s NOT POLITICALLY CORRUPT – NO
- Every town in Ocean County that hires Ocean County Republican Chair George Gilmore’s law firm has been subpoenaed by feds, attorney Cipriani confirms.
- Donald Trump has been president for 7 days. You need this #cuteanimaltweetoff bouncing around between zoos of the world.
- Need more cute animals? I do! Baby penguin alert at Adventure Aquarium in Camden.