In NJ, Paul Mulshine notices a carving on the State House dais that … resembles … a certain shouty governor.
In D.C. Obama surprises Biden with the last Medal of Freedom of his presidency “to my brother, Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.” as Biden fights tears.
- Russian connection: Pascrell calls for independent congressional investigation of Trump.
- Gottheimer votes for a bill Garrett sponsored in the last Congress.
- Rep. Bill Pascrell is named the top Democrat on Ways & Means subcommittee that focuses on trade agreements and policy.
- Booker, who hauls in big bucks from Big Pharma is sharply criticized for voting against a measure to make cheaper prescriptions more available. By a lot of people. Like at New York Magazine. Jezebel. On Twitter.
- Booker released this statement of explanation …
“I support the importation of prescription drugs as a key part of a strategy to help control the skyrocketing cost of medications. Any plan to allow the importation of prescription medications should also include consumer protections that ensure foreign drugs meet American safety standards. I opposed an amendment put forward last night that didn’t meet this test. The rising cost of medications is a life-and-death issue for millions of Americans, which is why I also voted for amendments last night that bring drug prices down and protect Medicare’s prescription drug benefit. I’m committed to finding solutions that allow for prescription drug importation with adequate safety standards.”
… But then The Intercept popped a hole in Booker’s defense.
PILEUP ON JAMES COMEY INTENSIFIES
- Comes letter on Clinton email is the subject of Justice Dept. inquiry. Law Newz suggests Inspector General should be investigating Loretta Lynch, not Comey.
TRUMP CABINET CONFIRMATION HEARINGS
- Latest to disagree with Donald Trump: His Cabinet nominees.
- Guadagno files paperwork to run for governor.
- Ciattarelli announces he has cancer, with radiation treatment 5 days a week, and a ’scaling back’ of his own campaigning.
- Not running for Governor: Evesham mayor and kicking consultant for NFL’s Baltimore Ravens Randy Brown.
- But however will Christie do good and rehab his image? Experts warn Christie’s prescription limits could cause more addiction.
- Christie’s other lame duck move? Lesniak is willing to sue over the $300M renovation Christie’s pushing for State House.
Searin-in ceremony of Bergen Prosecutor Gurbir Grewal – first Sikh county prosecutor in the state and the first of South Asian descent – seen as a celebration of diversity.
Judge orders new hearing on Bridgegate probable cause finding against Christie.
NJ Supreme Court rules young offenders can’t be given life sentences.
Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst is getting a new fleet of Air Force tankers, making it more likely to be protected against any future round of military base closings.
UNDER THE DOME
- Bill to relocate state offices from waterfront clears Assembly panel.