Photo from Brian Donohue’s piece at NJ.com, New Jersey’s moment is over – but what it spawned may be worse
- Kennedy wins the Louisiana runoff, keeping the seat in Republican hands and giving Trump a Senate majority of 52 seats.
- Second-day story: WFAN’s Carton whitewashes Trump’s inspiration of racist hate crime.
- In statement to Trump, NJ mobilizing for Women’s March on Washington.
- Donald Trump’s Ku Klux Klan doesn’t want you to think they’re ‘white supremacists.’
- Moran: Trump’s hard-right lurch could lead to his demise.
- “Blessed to be a Hammontonian.” Kellyanne Conway comes home, stars in the Christmas parade.
Garrett-Gottheimer: NJ’s most expensive\ve race. Also, looks like NJ Democrat Gottheimer won’t be leaning left.
AC Press says self-serving MUA directors show why AC takeover was needed.
Bob Torricelli joins opponents of NJ bear hunt: “They’re slaughtering entire families of bears. It’s unforgivable.”
Here’s what Congress did for NJ before skipping town for the year.
- Rejected by NJ voters (and maybe Trump), Christie’s in retreat.
- Bergen County activist Bill Brennan, and thorn in Christie’s side, discusses his decision to run for governor.
- Trenton Times editorial: Christie stands alone in support for solitary confinement.
- Steve Van Zandt: ’I feel bad’ for Chris Christie.
- Wiz: “People of New Jersey deserve to know if their governor is a liar.”
- Blue Jersey’s conversation with John Wisniewski.
- Wisniewski embraces “the Bern” in 2017 bid for governor.
- Milton W. Hinton Jr.: In 2017, what will drive Trump, Christie and us?
- Nutlet’s Rogers switches focus from Trump to campaign in Trenton.
- Will Bramnick, Brown, or even Joe Piscopo enter race for NJ Gov?
- 2017 governor’s race is shaping up. Dems? A Bernie Sanders-supporting legislator seeking to defeat a moneyed favorite with ties to President Barack Obama. Republicans? They’ll have a hard time escaping Christie, hung, Ben Dworkin says, like an albatross around their necks.
ALL IS NOT WELL FOR THE WRITTEN WORD
- Christie and legislators are negotiating, higher staff salaries in exchange for Christie being allowed to profit from a book while still in office. At the same time, Christie and lawmakers are planning to scrap state law requiring municipalities and counties to publish legal notices in printed newspapers. According to one source, that’s to “punish newspapers.”