John Glenn died yesterday. It’s hard to imagine such a thing was possible. He was a walking superhero of space exploration, a Democratic U.S. senator for 24 years, and a badass of epic proportions. He was also funny as hell (start at 1:27). Buzz Aldrin, a funny badass himself, is recovered after being emergency-evacuated from the South Pole, had this to say about Glenn.
John Wisniewski wants to see Chris Christie further investigated: “People of New Jersey deserve to know if their Governor is a liar.”
- Christie loses RNC Chair. Sorry not sorry. Maybe he booked this gig tonight in VA when he thought he’d be running the party.
- Pew Research poll: Trump’s numbers approaching his inauguration – way lower than Obama’s or Bush’s at this stage of the transition.
- Menendez asks Trump to reverse pledge to deport immigrants. Watch.
- The Christies would get a big break under Trump’s tax plan. Here’s how much.
- This is who Trump wants for Labor Secretary, fast-food exec Andrew F. Puzder, here’s one of his ads Think he’ll do right by working women? Not for nothing, he also opposes minimum wage increases.
- Chuck Jones of United Steelworkers 1999 blew the whistle on Trump’s Carrier propaganda, so the incoming POTUS went after him on Twitter, to intimidate labor leaders from speaking out. Trump’s fans followed up making menacing phone calls to Jones.
- Trump picks climate change denier Scott Pruitt to lead EPA. And I hope young enviro-warriors rise up against him. We’ve got our own global warming issues to deal with in NJ.
CBS News didn’t really have their head on straight reporting this racist attack on football player Nikita Whitlock’s home. But Whitlock’s fellow Giants player Victor Cruz certainly does, blasting Trump supporters for the racist attack on Whitlock.
They want answers: The family of a Vineland man who died last year shortly after a scuffle in which police released a dog on him call for authorities to disclose more information about why two officers were cleared in the case.
Your house is worth less than it was. Here’s an interactive map, check out your town.
Bipartisan move to have the pension system buy more transportation fund bonds than previously allowed.
Commercial fishing companies, trade groups & seaport communities in 4 states have asked a court to stop the federal government from auctioning off the rights to develop a huge offshore windfarm in the Atlantic between NY & NJ.
In Atlantic City, the NJ Casino Reinvestment Development Authority director was just paid $225k to leave, and he will be replaced by an ally of Chris Christie and George Norcross.
Steve Rogers shows shades of Trump as he enters NJ Governors race.