Cartoon above from Drew Sheneman, who had more to say in words.
- Scott Garrett’s chances of getting re-elected are downgraded – again – at the Rothenberg & Gonzales Political Report
- Scott Garrett hits the wrong target in Wells Fargo scandal. (Ledger editorial)
- With Trump refusing terrified to release his taxes, you look at his state tax filings – and nearly $1 billion in business losses – the “financial wreckage” of the early 1990s to mismanagement of 3 Atlantic City casinos, failed airline business and badly-timed purchase of the Plaza Hotel. New York Times reports that Trump may have been able to avoid paying any federal tax for almost two decades based on 1995 state tax returns for CT, NY and NJ
- Donald Trump’s Pathetic Fraternity: Frank Bruni in the Times on just how far Chris Christie has fallen.
- Rep. Chris Smith, a co-chair of Pro-Life Coalition for Trump, didn’t endorse Christie but goes all-in for Trump. It’s not an impressive group, unless you hate the idea of women controlling the fate of their own bodies.
- While Donald Trump warned of a “rigged” election without voter identification laws, Cory Booker said calling fraud at the ballot box a serious problem was “a patent lie.”
- Did Springsteen guitar teacher get stiffed by Trump?
Donald Trump’s Fat Fetish
Remember when Corzine tried to fat-shame Christie in 2009? It backfired. It’s even riskier when the accuser is as pudgy as Donald Trump.
Governor, Senate President and Speaker announce TTF compromise
- Late Friday, brief press conference with no questions. 8-year renewal of the TTF with $2B/year from the state (with matching funds from the federal government), funded through a 23¢ increase in the gas tax.
- There will be counterbalancing tax policy changes – or the “tax fairness” as Christie calls them. The decrease in our budget’s general fund monies from the tax policy changes will likely be over $1 billion a year, and it’s unclear from where the money will come.
- Announcement came 1 day after horrible Hoboken train crash. Christie and his administration deny the timing had anything to do with that.
Fulop: ‘I made the right decision.’
Besides having a foul-mouthed fool on his back, Christie has other problems …
- Matt Katz in the Sunday New York Times: Six years ago, Christie walked into a movie theater with Bill Baroni and some actors from The Sopranos to see The Soprano State, the documentary on Jersey-style political corruption. Remember when Christie said he was going to fix all that?
- Moran: On Bridgegate, the stink around Christie gets worse.
- Bridgegate defense attorney paints Wildstein as a liar and thief.
- Wildstein testifies Team Christie discussed using 9/11 artifacts for political gain.
- Cillizza at Washington Post: Christie’s poll numbers have officially reached ‘Nixon Territory’
- Star Bridgegate witness Wildstein admits a career of ‘lies and deceptions.’
- Cannibal rednecks, chainsaw-wielding psychos and zombies in the corn maze. What’s saving family farms at harvest time.
Hoboken Train Crash
- Were you on or near the train? The feds want your help.
- “INGRID, ELVIN, DANNY — I hope you’re OK.” Al Doblin on the community inside that Hoboken-bound train.