- Middletown, NJ lost more people per capita than any other town on 9/11. Here’s what some of Middletown’s people say about that day.
- Since 9/11, banks face more scrutiny under the Patriot Act.
- Donald Trump visited the Freedom Tower this morning, a few minutes before the ceremony began. Christie was with him. Hillary Clinton, a junior senator in 2001, arrived at nearly the same time.
- Dublin: We’ve lost the prayerful unity of 9/11.
- Village idiot throws coins. George W. Bush will conduct the Giants-Cowboys coin toss in Texas, only place where he is still respected.
- Some things are simply right and correct. A judge has ruled Chris Christie’s personal email must be searched, or he must prove it already has been, to comply with NJ’s OPRA law. Also, continued thanks to The Record and to other journalists who get up every day and work to uncover what politicians would rather do in secret. Gannett took control of The Record a few weeks ago. Don’t screw it up, Gannett
- Gannett’s absorption of The Record is one of New Jersey’s barometers of how much what’s happening to newspapers is impacting what’s happening to journalism itself. For more on that, read this at Columbia Journalism Review, What a Kansas professor learned after interviewing a ‘lost generation of journalists.
- Stile: Christie blasts the kind of Democrats he used to court in pre-GWB days.
- Today’s lesson from professor Christie: Don’t be poor. Cartoon & commentary by Drew Sheneman.
- How Christie’s decision to scrap NJ income tax deal with PA could affect you.
- Christie’s back to school message: Teachers are awful. (Moran)
It was 100 degrees in some Paterson classrooms Friday, some schools are old buildings with no window shades. There was bottled water, but was it too hot to safely learn and teach?
We don’t usually pull news from People Magazine, but this story of Hamilton Twp. neighbors helping a lonely older woman keep her house is simply wonderful.
- Donald Trump’s campaign question’s Hillary’s health, while his own doctor released a bizarre endorsement of his astonishingly excellent fitness. Plenty of adjectives, not many details. Now Variety reports Trump & Ivanka will go on the TV show of Cliffside Park, NJ Dr Oz to talk about his health regimen, how he stays so
fitastonishingly excellent. Apparently, Ivanka is somehow involved.
- Top NJ Republican Jon Bramnick cheered Trump, but will he back him? (Auditor)
- Christie’s former treasurer Andrew Sidamon Eristoff is running Gary Johnson’s NJ campaign.
Tyler Clementi is still dead, but incredibly the 15-count conviction of his Rutgers roommate Dharun Ravi has been overturned. Ravi’s spying on Clementi’s private moments with another man led the 18-year-old to leap to his death off the GWB. Ravi gets another trial, but only on a few charges.
This article about Camden activist Gary Frazier’s work to draw attention to the exploration of inmates is followed by a stream of truly dumb comments.
John Kacich was here in South Jersey, but not for Trump, for Tom MacArthur.
Did your sammich just hit the floor? Researchers at Rutgers want to talk to you about the 5-second rule.
CD3: Tom MacArthur gets a lot of Democratic warm and fuzzies, from Cory Booker, from Bob Menendez
Under the Dome
- Bill to expand infertility coverage to lesbian couples advances in NJ legislature.
- NJ lawmakers push for quicker unemployment payments.
2017 starts early
- Phil Murphy’s opening bid: A promising plan on economy (Moran). Christie mocked Murphy’s proposals.
- The Battle of Fort Sumter: Top Tier Gubernatorial Candidates Share a Common LB Play.