If you like the turquoise waters off the Jersey Shore right now, thank a plankton.
Fulop’s proposed ban on outside campaign cash raises eyebrows.
Busting a major canard of the tea party. A survey funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and analyzed by the Urban Institute, finds one of the scare tactics against Obamacare never came true.
Who you gonna call? The Ghostbusters of New Jersey. [I couldn’t resist].
- Republican heads will explode. Is this bad? Watch the transgender bathroom ad to air the night of Trump’s acceptance speech. #LetThePeoplePee
- Here’s the Convention speaker list, Christie’s on it.
- Not going to the RNC? For the first time in 52 years … this guy.
- Gov. Christie Todd Whitman says reject Trump, reject Clinton – Let’s find a 3rd party candidate.
- Will Trump choose Christie? We’ll know by Friday. Christie didn’t get a last minute interview, instead he was sent off to run errands for Trump. Is Trump having trouble deciding? Matt Katz runs down a helpful pro-and-con list, should he need some help.
- Moran: Dogged by scandal, NJ hates him – Trump can’t be serious about Christie as VP. A very different view from Carl Golden, about Christie as a no-nonsense governor eager to do battle with special interests and protect taxpayers.
- Not loving Christie: Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner.
- Memory lane: Why Christie wasn’t picked 4 years ago.
- Trump says he’s not worried about the ‘Never Trump’ movement, calls NJ’s Steve Lonegan, one of its leaders, a ‘loser.’
- Democratic Piscataway Mayor Brian Wahler says he won’t stop a transportation project in his town and that he views Gov. Christie as a “crazy uncle.’
Clinton v. Trump polling
Q-poll v. Marist poll: Hours after Quinnipiac Poll came out showing Trump up by a statistically insignificant 43 to 41 percent lead over Clinton, the Marist Poll was out showing Clinton 9 points up 45-36. Main difference? Clinton was less disliked in the NBC/Marist survey than the Q-poll. In Marist, she was viewed unfavorably by 55% and favorably by 39% (compared with 62% and 29%positive ratings for Trump). In the Q-poll, Clinton’s ratings were 65% negative and 31% positive. (and Trump who viewed less unfavorably, with 57% disapproving of him, 38% viewing him positively). Either way, both Clinton and Trump’s favorables are deeply underwater.
Under the Dome
- Is he … confused? Did he hit his head? Joe Kyrillos is introducing a bill to classify attacks on police officers as hate crimes.
- Why Christie, Sweeney and others agree on 23-cent per gallon gas tax hike.
NJ Public Worker Pensions
NJ Spotlight Roundtable: How do you reform a system that’s at least $44 B in debt and saddled with rising retiree healthcare costs?
- Deciminyan’s at Netroots Nation in St. Louis, which focuses on racial justice this year. Help him pick what sessions to attend.