- Trolling Republicans with Cleveland’s newest tourist attraction, this billboard just went up – Trump ‘n Cruz kissing – right near the RNC. And, as a friend of mine says, with the Republicans in town, the gay bars will be jumping’.
- GOP party bigwigs skipping Trump’s convention. Et tu, Tim Tebow? And this: Republicans reject dump Trump effort.
- Blue Jersey’s man in St. Louis: Deciminyan’s dispatch from Day One at Netroots Nation 2016. (Bonus! – Quote of the Day Netroots edition)
Do black lives matter here?
- A White Man’s Experience of Black Lives NOT Mattering in NJ.
- Why didn’t Cherry Hill Mall want their kiosk vendor, who is black, to sell t-shirts protesting police violence?
Democratic Party WTF
- Associated Press: The vast majority of Americans say they are afraid of at least one of the two major candidates — Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump — winning the White House, a remarkable finding that reflects an unsettled nation unhappy with its choice.
- Welcome to the New Democratic Party: What really went down in that floor fight at the Democratic Platform Committee and the Clinton delegates ensuring lots of time on C-SPAN saying she’s against TPP, but making sure the TPP isn’t even mentioned in the amendment they passed.
The Christie Administration
- Chris Christie’s Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Poof went Christie’s dream to be Dick Cheney to Donald Trump’s Bush (as it were).
- Plus, this annoyance at Chez Christie. Plus, the usual internet trolling.
- Christie says running Trump’s transition team didn’t include advising him on VP.
… and its scandals
- Oh, how the mighty fall: Christie confidante, one-prominent New Jerseyan, now admitted crook. David Samson pleads guilty.
- The Conspiracy Timeline: Christie, United Airlines, and the ‘Chairman’s Flight.’
- Read the damning emails released by the feds.
- List of Christie allies tied to Port Authority schemes grows.
- New Jersey taxpayers are on the hook for $10 million for Christie’s Bridgegate legal bills.
- Stile: Christie’s hopes take a hit from former mentor David Samson at the worst time
- Moran: Christie’s worst day ever. Gets passed over. Samson pleads guilty. Jamie Fox charged. Yes, getting harder to believe Christie’s innocent. And this good question: Why did Fishman agree to a plea bargain with Samson refusing to cooperate with investigators?
Under the Dome
- Acting DOT commissioner gets grilling, bipartisan support in Senate hearing.
- Despite PBA opposition, Senate committee approves Gramiccioni for Monmouth prosecutor.
- Bills would limit what records NJ public can see.
- Sweeney: NJ road funding crisis complicates public worker pension amendment.