Christie’s missing cell phone, missing Bridgegate evidence? Drew Sheneman suggests where to look, including: couch cushions and Hillary Clinton’s server farm. Check out Drew’s full list here. Also instructive? This: The Mystery of Christie’s cell phone: 5 new things in the Bridgegate case.
Phil Murphy says he holds his campaign to a ‘higher standard’ than others.
Big day at the statehouse
- NJ Senate balks at overriding Christie gun ban veto.
- Christie gas tax drama. Trump talk. What happened on a crazy day at the statehouse.
- Anybody surprised? Christie line-item vetoes even modest adds Democrats make to budget plan.
- Christie finds another reason to leave NJ. Going on vacay to Italy.
- Christie approval rating: ‘Stagnant and historically low.’
- To New Jersey, Christie’s a failed governor, but to Trump, struggling to transition from meteoric primary campaigner to Republican nominee prepared to lead his party to the White House, Christie has become a key advisor and powerful figure in the campaign – vetted for VP, designing what a Trump presidency might look like, and even defending Trump’s more ridiculous and offensive statements. But he’s having trouble interesting other GOPs.
- Christie BFF, advisor and member of the GOP Convention Rules committee Bill Palatucci, is Christie’s man on the inside trying to stop the movement by Republican anti-Trump forces to change convention rules to prevent Trump’s nomination.
- And they’re not even kidding. Gingrich and Christie are the top two Trump choices for VP says Washington Post.
Christie’s ‘Fairness Formula’ school funding scheme
- More protesters than fans when Christie showed up in Paterson to present his plan, which would decimate state aid to poor districts. Christie arrived by a side door, avoided the press (and kept them out of most of the meeting), spent most of his time talking up charter schools and ignored the jeers of Paterson parents outside.
- Detailed analysis of what’s wrong with Christie’s ‘Fairness Formula’ here at NJ Ed Policy Forum, co-written by Mark Weber (Jersey Jazzman).
- Much-needed road work is now being shut down by order of Gov. Christie, whose plan to pay for infrastructure repairs hit a snag in the Senate, which has not accepted raising the gas tax and cutting the sales tax.
- Sent packing: Laborers bewildered in the hallways as TTF flounders.
- Don’t look for a spike at the pump this holiday weekend.
- Gordon MacInnes op-ed: It’s July 1 and there’s no transportation funding fix. What’s next?
- Check your county in this map of child poverty in NJ.
- UNITE-Here on strike at Trump Taj Mahal in AC.
- Ledger editorial: Why is NJ continuing to expand big subsidies for companies at huge expense to taxpayers, when we clearly can’t afford the ones approved nearly a decade ago?
- With rising fears about the presence of toxins in drinking water, local advocates say the scientific panel that is charged with recommending safety standards for New Jersey’s drinking water may be dragging its feet.
- Pollinators: Jennifer Beck was the lone ‘No’ vote to establish a DEP program designating certain storm basin areas as fields for milkweed, which Monarch butterflies depend on for food.
- Airplane banner, billboards, TV ads. This holiday weekend is all about calling out Rep. Scott Garrett as the homophobe he is.