CD7 Democrat Peter Jacob’s alma mater features a story about his campaign against Leonard Lance. We’ll have Blue Jersey’s video interview with Peter up later today.
Inside Jersey’s Q & A with pollster Patrick Murray.
Tom Moran’s take on the White House race: On Israel, Clinton panders, and Sanders shows guts.
Monmouth Dem Chair & his Dem sheriff challenger Jeff Cantor put GOP Monmouth County Sheriff Shaun Golden on the Trump hot seat.
YES, WE LIKE IT WHEN THIS ALL BECOMES NATIONAL NEWS
- From TPM GOP Rep. Scott Garrett Struggles to Explain His Stance on Gay Candidates for Office.
- From Bloomberg State Farm Latest Company Shying Away From Donating to Garrett. (Thanks, Jake at State Farm.)
- When a Republican loses the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, well … That could spell trouble for Garrett.
- And wow, the GOP defections begin: Bergen County Republican councilman ditches Garrett, supports Dem Josh Gottheimer.
WHO’S the SCHMUCK WHO DITCHED A PIGLET on a HIGHWAY?
Some asswipe threw a baby pot-bellied pig out on Interstate 80. A much better human saw it happen, and stood guard next to the terrified piglet 45 minutes until help came. Barnyard Sanctuary director Tamala Lester used a cherry danish to lure the beastie to safety.
“GOVERNOR” CHRIS CHRISTIE
This is good, actually. Christie: Prisoners with minor crimes can be released without posting bail as part of his bail reform, and expungement laws for non-violent offenders could be tweaked between now and June.
Bidding is up to $222.50 on Christie’s gym shorts. 11 bids & 1 day left people. Be part of Underwear History.
- Cherry Hill: Secret homeless camps startle quiet South Jersey neighborhood.
- Good. NJ reports lowest jobless rate since 2007. Not good. NJ lost thousands of jobs in February.
- This time the orange cones will be for a reason. Construction will start in 2017 on roads leading to the George Washington Bridge.
- Heyyy NJ commuters. Good news on the Manhattan bus terminal.
- Christie won’t bail out Atlantic City unless he’s allowed to break union contracts.
- Tough talk. Christie on AC: ‘They should not play chicken with me.’
- Prieto: “The one playing the game of chicken is the governor. If there is a default on any of the bonds, it actually has a ripple effect on all the credit ratings of all the municipalities in the state.”
- No surprise, coming from Gerry Cardinale, whose new bill argues you shouldn’t need a reason to have a gun if you want one.
- Cardinale’s on a roll. He wants legislators and judges to be armed if they want to, too.
- Ray Lesniak and environmental groups say the NJ AG should open a formal investigation into whether Exxon Mobil lied to the public about the risks of climate change.