Keady Running in CD-3

On the eve of the Ocean County Democratic Convention, Jim Keady has announced that he is running for Congress in CD-3 for the seat currently being kept warm by Tom MacArthur. The district includes large parts of Burlington and Ocean Counties, and the Burlington County Democratic Committee has already given Fred LaVergne the party line.

Like the incumbent, Keady does not live in the district, but is a powerful voice for the middle class and the powerless. Looking forward to the fireworks.

1. Mike Milligan

Are any other candidates running still, or is just LaVergne and Keady now? I saw that Joanne Schwartz, Michael Cooke and John Vrana had also sought the Burlington County endorsement, but I haven’t seen any information on whether any of them are still running or not.

1. deciminyan (Post author)

I have not heard anything about Vrana and Schwartz dropping out. From his Facebook page, I surmise Cooke is still in the “exploratory” phase, but that may change after tomorrow’s Ocean County convention. Cooke and Keady are from the Ocean County area (Keady lives outside the district, but his tavern is in OC). If Keady gets the OC nod, I suspect Cooke’s best option is to drop out.

2. John Vrana

Burlington County picked a guy who can’t pay his mortgage. Ocean County did not respect me. On the advice from the Joe Biden camp, I, John A Vrana, am going to run in November as an independent pro life Democrat and will win.

1. deciminyan (Post author)

I have no way of knowing whether the comment above is really from John Vrana or a spoof. At the Burlington County meeting where the congressional candidates were voted on, each candidate gave a short speech. Vrana proudly proclaimed that he is the hand-picked candidate of George Norcross III. I’m not sure what he means by the “Joe Biden camp.” Perhaps it is someone who went to summer camp with Biden 60 years ago?

1. John Vrana

My Father, a Philadelphia Union Legend, worked with The Vice President. I was an invited guest to see the Vice President at the White House. Do some background on my campaign manager, Norman Oliver. I am in this to win. You can try to insult me by staying I am a spoof. Let’s debate, anytime, anywhere. You will be amazed in October who is behind me. Let’s debate!!!! 609-992-7961. Anytime. Open your mouth! Here is your chance to proof it. Love people who brag and run!!!! John A Vrana. Google John Vrana America Tonight, Mr Big!

2. John Vrana

Bring your game! Name the place! You aren’t much of a challenge, I know you won’t debate me, circus clown! Just bring it on. 2 percent of vote vs Runyan a big winner! I am here! Bring it on! John A Vrana

2. Jim Keady

Just a note on living in the district. My family has owned the Lighthouse Tavern in Waretown for 34 years. I have been running it for my family since my father passed away nearly three years ago. Any small business owner will tell you that to be successful, you have to be there. So, I spend most days and nights in the heart of CD3 and I know the issues that middle class families and Main Street business owners here are facing day in and day out.

I look forward to gaining the support of voters throughout the district as the campaign moves forward.

Peace, Jim Keady

1. Dr. Bob Osenenko

My poor hometown of Toms River, look what the Dems did. Three outside candidates that don’t come from the huge working class. Dave Cole a Clinton operative from South Jersey, Jim Keady the only time Gov. Christie was right when he said, “Shut Up.” and of course the ticket wouldn’t be complete without an investment banker Lorna Philipson of Red Bank fame. All of them sound like social workers but none of them weigh in on county pensions, the environment, Social Security. I call them the silent 3.

3. Scott Neuman

Jim, you live in Monmouth County. You pay taxes in Monmouth, you vote in Monmouth in the 4th Congressional District. Candidates from the real 3rd can handle Mac just fine in November. So why aren’t you running in your home district? You must feel you are the better candidate? No?

4. Coconut Jack

Jim, your 15 minutes of fame are up! We do not need another congressional representative that DOES NOT LIVE IN THE DISTRICT! Go back home to Spring Lake. Mr. LaVergne is the only serious contender at this point.

1. deciminyan (Post author)

While there is no Constitutional requirement that a candidate live in the district, it is one factor, but not the only factor. If a good candidate is familiar with the district (as Keady is – his business is within the district), then he or she is not automatically eliminated. Residency is not the only factor that one should use when selecting a candidate. Unlike the incumbent, Keady is familiar with the district, a good progressive who will vote his conscience, not the party line, and has shown he has the “chops” to work as a Democrat in a Republican Congress.

5. Dr. Bob Osenenko

I am immediately concerned at the “shadow arts” when someone is too ashamed of their comment not to post their full name especially at a hair brained idea that just because the Constitution doesn’t restrict something we should do it. For the greater good, Dems should put forth a fine working class candidate and the Repubs a fine executive, a banker would be best.If they cannot, then they should join the executive party.

6. Martha

A wonderful job. Super helpful inrfmoation.

7. tom jones

The political tandem of LaVergne and Shirley; I mean Neuman; are a joke! No money; not a prayer of winning. Total basketcases. To compare a clown like LaVergne to Keady is comical. Who is this stooge Doctor who keeps defending LaVergne? I would love to see LaVergne debate Keady. He will be embarrassed.

8. John Vrana

609 992 7961. Call! Let’s debate! I am saving money. When my campaign hits, they will all fall! Your record as Democrats winning is embarrassing! I play to win. You guys need organization! 2 percent vs Runyon and gets endorsed and can’t pay his mortgage. Bring it on! You don’t know how to win. Sad! The youth of this area will have hope with John Vrana. My chief advisors former NBA Coach Don Casey and Notre Dame Great Bob Crable win! Real life! Sears have a Mortgage Company?