An independent investigation of the federal agency that oversees construction of natural- gas pipelines is being sought by 165 organizations in NJ & neighboring states.
Hey kids! Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman is looking for some help to rename the local post office. Got ideas?
Rep. Donald Norcross says he’s launching a fight to raise the country’s minimum wage to $15/hour.
Anxious times in Atlantic City with a possible state takeover of AC’s finances, and concerns that opening Northern NJ to gambling will lead to more casino closures, layoffs and job losses in South Jersey. With a deal in place, and Moody’s With a Deal in Place and Moody’s Findings Clear, Legislators Adjust Tactics.
“Legislative oversight is public oversight.” NJ State Senate committee advances Gordon, Weinberg bill to bolster oversight of Port Authority.
Bayonne residents opposed to Islamic Center to protest at City Hall.
Where There’s Water [Asset Management] There’s Life.
Sweeney superPAC has $1.2 million in the bank.
Mock terrorism at the mall. NJ State Police will be holding terrorist threat trainings in several locations today. Don’t freak out.
Eventually, this will put a dent in Hunterdon’s reputation as one of the healthiest counties in America.
GOVERNOR CANDIDATE CHRISTIE
Christie Debate Night soundbites:
- “We are going to kick your rear end out of the White House come this fall.” – Christie on Obama.
- “This guy is a petulant child.” – Christie, trying to say Obama’s gun control policies are irresponsible.
- “I didn’t support Sonia Sotomayor” – Politifact rates that FALSE.
- “I said right from the beginning we should take no Syrian refugees of any kind.” – Matt Arco at the Ledger fact-checks that, finds it FALSE.
- “You already had your chance, Marco, you blew it.” Christie to Rubio.
- Tax offshore profits to fund roads … says the guy who didn’t even mention the near-broke TTF in his NJ SOTS 48 hours earlier.
- “It will lead to greater war in the world” – Christie, if Hillary Clinton is president.
- Mother Jones catches it: Christie flubbed something really basic about American history.
- New Christie Iowa ad. Clinton as “third term of Barack Obama” plus fire, terror, babies, and is Obama giving you the finger?