Tonight 9pm: Democratic Presidential Debate, hosted by NBC. Coverage begins 8pm. Also: NBCNews.com & YouTube.com/NBCNews.com
More like him, please: Jersey City boy, 15, wants to lower voting age for local races.
Justice Marie L. Garibaldi 1934-2016. Shatterer of Glass Ceilings
CD5: Garrett defends his stance on marriage, denies bias against gays, cites his religious beliefs. Time for him to go.
CD1 Dem Primary: Camden County Clerk’s office called Norcross-challenger Alex Law a liar. They didn’t count on him having a recording proving they were the ones lying.
CD7: Another challenge to Rep. Leonard Lance’s right, but this time David Larsen is buoyed by the anti-establishment surges in his party. Attendee pull quote from Larsen’s kickoff? “If I see someone with a towel on his head, I shoot him.”
Protected: Bridgegate prosecutor: Unindicted co-conspirators names’ should be kept secret for now
$$ Big numbers $$: See how much Menendez spent on legal bills to fight indictment.
Gun control bill that nearly beat Christie getting second life?
Saudino leaves GOP. Bergen County Sheriff Michael Saudino announces his switch to the Democratic Party
Sen. Kevin O’Toole will not seek reelection.
- Ledger editorial: Gov. Christie, now is not the time to eliminate NJ’s estate tax.
- Sweeney: Taking over Atlantic City’s finances is better than bankruptcy.
- State takeover of Camden didn’t get its finances in order but continued to extert an outsized influence in the city’s development after the takeover ended 6 years ago, remaking schools, police, corporate welfare.
GOVERNOR CANDIDATE CHRISTIE
- Rubio & Christie, not so “presidential” – Both criticize the successful Iran prisoner swap. Way to support the president in a time of international stress, fellas. #DiplomacyWorks
- In a mendacious league of his own. MSNBC on Christie.
- Jackson: Greater scrutiny awaits Christie on campaign trail. Good luck with that.
- Christie wants Ebola nurse’s suit thrown out. Good luck with that.
- Stile: A preview of what’s next for Christie
- From National Review, more on Christie’s Sotomayor lies: Takeaway quote: “Christie’s handling of these issues remains baffling. Either he and his campaign are incompetent at the most basic research, or they are incompetently trying to mislead people.”
- A Tale of Two Christies. The Advocate contrasts this Gov with past Gov Christie Todd Whitman. Current Gov does not come off well.
- Ledger editorial: Christie imagines himself as Robin Hood.
- Wow – this from Doblin: Obama called us to be better than we are; Christie told us he is better than us.
- Proof Christie knows what NJ thinks of him?
- Daily News coverage of Matt Katz’ new book, detailing how Bridgegate detoured Christie’s hunger for power
- Christie goes a little too far pandering to the gun nuts and proves he doesn’t grasp what’s important to know about background checks.
- Here’s why people in panda suits are following Christie around.
Giving Obama his due: Take this New York Times piece by Timothy Egan as antidote to all the debate night GOP BS about Obama’s record.