Pinch-hitting for Rosi today.
Yes, there are elections in 2015. But with the Assembly at the top of the ticket and mostly “safe” districts, the loud shiny object in the room is the 2016 extravaganza.
- Pandering Possible POTUS Penalizes Pot: If elected, Chris Christie will prosecute legali marijuana users.
Washington Wanabee Wades with Wingnuts: Chris Christie will leave New Iowa Hampshire temporarily to join a cadre of Republican candidates in Atlanta.
- In Good Company: Pollster Patrick Murray joins Navy SEAL Bill Brown, teacher Marie Corfield, Senate Majority Leader Loretta Weinberg, and labor advocate Jim Keady on the list of people whose characters are maligned by Christie because he doesn’t agree with their positions.
- CD-5: Bill Orr provides advice for the man running to replace The Worst Congressman in New Jersey.
Transparency in Government
- Message to county clerks: If you dig in your heels to subvert the Open Public Records Act, expect to be fined.
- Transparency in Policing: Body cameras usage among State Police and local forces will increase under an initiative from the acting Attorney General.
Other New Jersey News
- Port Authority in the news again: This time, a former PA police official demanding special treatment.
- Got health problems? While you should stay indoors today, a federal court ruled that you don’t have to breathe as much crappy Pennsylvania air as the polluters would like you to.
- Speaking of polluters: Environmental groups haven’t given up on reversing Christie’s giveaway to the oil industry.
- Menendez: It promises to be a “bare knuckles” fight, as Senator Menendez prepares for his day in court.
- As if Atlantic City did not have enough problems, water rates are going up and jobs are being eliminated.
What’s on your mind today, Blue Jersey readers?