LD16 Assembly Race Update

Now that the votes in the LD-16 Assembly race have been tallied, I have called Assemblywoman Simon to congratulate her on her victory.

I want to thank my family for their unending support, all of our dedicated staff, volunteers, and supporters-especially the Blue Jersey community. We could not have come so close to winning without your efforts. No matter the challenges we faced, we stood strong together, and I am so grateful for all your help.

Although the election has ended, I can assure you that the fight for middle class families, working families, education funding, and the right for women to make their own healthcare decisions will continue. And I will be here with you to stand up, ensure the issues we fought for are not forgotten, and that we hold our leaders accountable.

Thank you for all your help and encouragement, and for giving me the honor and the privilege to be the candidate for the New Jersey General Assembly in the 16th district.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season, filled with family, friends and fellowship. I know I’m looking forward to it!

1. Jeff Gardner

You ran a strong campaign, and inspired many. All the best to you.

2. toaonua

Excellent job. Thank you!

3. Marie Corfield (Post author)

was 1%. Razor thin.

Corfield for State Senate in 2013 (versus Kip Bateman)

or

Corfield for Congress in 2014 (if you need a break)

or

Corfield for Assembly in 2015 (you would be at the top of the ballot in an ultra-low turnout election cycle)

5. Alex

for stepping up and taking on this challenge, Marie. You represented the aspirations and hopes of many people. For me and Sean, personally, the fact that you embody the dignity of the teaching profession and so enthusiastically support same-sex civil marriage were just two of the many reason why we hoped you’d prevail.

6. tjmcgrail

Marie:

It is so great that you have extended yourself to run for the NJ assembly twice.  Your effort has been outstanding!

Eventually, Central NJ will become more Democratic as the local population changes.  I hope that you are around for that change, and that you will consider running for office again.

When the 2020 census is complete, I expect that Central NJ will be significantly more Democratic. It is growing in that direction.

Tim

Branchburg

7. Rosi Efthim

You conducted your race with vigor, grace and class. We knew what you stood for; there was no political pussy-footing around. You are what Loretta Weinberg called you:

“… a once-in-a-generation natural leader”.

You should be in the New Jersey Legislature. You very nearly were. The fact that we behind you knew all along that your candidacy had legs – and some others in whom we’ve invested great power did not, or didn’t care, or didn’t have the balls to help you defend the seat in a year –  is evidence to me that sometimes the people are ahead of the Party.