All Things Sandy
- George W. Bush parlayed his post-tragedy popularity into re-election. Now his protégé, Chris Christie, is doing the same. His re-election web site is live with only one button – “Donate.
- Meanwhile, other dollars are being raised for Sandy relief.
- Senate Budget Committee talks about the important tasks of recovery, but we need to have long-term fixes, also. Lots of complaints about JCP&L keeping people in the dark, both figuratively and literally. Rebuilding will take years.
- Will the bad weather slow down NJ Transit’s recovery?
- WTF Department: Wealthy homeowners want the state to reimburse them for saving their home. Tornoe’s toon on this.
- Long Beach Township opens today, with natural gas almost totally restored.
- Should gas stations be required to have backup power?
- Town of Pitman once again ignores church/state separation.
- Governor Christie is still playing politics with budget numbers.
- A 30,000 holiday light display may be chaluscious, but it’s for a good cause.
- Another unpopular Christie veto in the news.
- Do red light cameras cause accidents?
- Hamilton searches for a mayor.
- Good riddance, Sandy! Good bye Andy?